“There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Boxes

Instead of paying the $12 per kilo for my excessive luggage, I had it air-freighted from Kuwait. I finally got it today (despite it being on the same flight in as I was, two weeks ago). A customs warehouse decided to hold it up for ransom because I foolishly decided to bring dvds and computer programs--these types of things in English are technically illegal here! Tea money tea money--a curse but a blessing in some situations.

It was a delight opening them this evening and discovering what I had packed almost 3 months ago. My appartment looks different--perhaps its the 250 or so books stacked up along the wall because I don't have a bookshelf. My appartment will begin looking my own now, which will be good, but I still long for other things I own to really make it distinct.

No comments: