“There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson

Thursday, April 10, 2008

A good day

I had such a great day. The spirits were with me today! I got everything done that I planned to do, with almost no hiccups!! Or if there were hiccups, it still all happened.

I needed a signature for the certification paperwork, and Hayley was great enough to help while I was on my way to the airport. So even though my plane was late, I made it to the embassy. So even though I caught them in the middle of lunchtime, they told me it was fine and that I could come back--sure enough I got the visa I needed in record time. The hotel I wanted had a booking. I posted the letters I needed to post. I got to do the aerobics I wanted to do--and it was fun too: in the park at sunset. So even though there were no decent movies playing, I bought the two random things (very unusual items) I was looking for. So even though all the restaurants at Siam Paragon were closing, I got the taco/wrap that I was craving.
I'm sure none of this makes sense to anyone but me, but basically, despite adversity, I succeeded and it feels good!

No comments: