“There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson

Friday, October 06, 2006

Bangkok

Every time I go to Bangkok, I run out of time before I run out of things to do. The city amazes me, but maybe it's an illusion--it occured to me this morning on the plane that maybe I need to live there to exhaust its possibilities. I wonder if I would like it or if the allure would die a quick death?

After meeting these Israelis this morning who work in Cambodia randomly, it occurred to me that perhaps I should make a base somewhere (perhaps Bangkok) and do short stints in other places. That way I can have my home and a super decked out appartment, and still be fancy-free. But do I really want that obligation? I don't want to be tied down. Still there are two contrasting people in Myanmar and I don't know if I like either extreme, so perhaps I'm better where I am? I also like the idea of London, and South America, and NGO jobs... sigh. There are just too many things to do!!

No comments: