“There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Photos from Cambodia 2: To Siem Reap

This is on the boat up from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap. A bit of a rip off, but enjoyable all the same. A German photographer and I were the only ones riding on the top of the boat, and I discovered why when the "fast" boat, picked up speed. I was quite windswept. Still, I stuck it out for the 5 hour ride, and crept under an awning when it started to pour with rain in the middle of Tonle Lake (practically an inland sea).

This is a houseboat in the floating village near Siem Reap. Everyone lives in these brightly colored, beautiful homes and travels everywhere by boat. Quite a unique lifestyle.

Being a teacher, I noticed the school. Very brightly colored, but wouldn't want to be anywhere near when its break time! Talk about no space and high likelihoods of kids getting chucked in!

I had another 30 or so to post, but am having huge difficulties getting them onto blogger. I will work on putting them on another site (once I've chosen it!).

No comments: