“There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

December News

Have just updated my blog template--added a whole lot of name links, basically everyone who I have in my favorites (I also updated that today, but of course, lots are missing because most of the time I forget to add pages). Anyway, if your name's not on there, send it to me!!! Can't seem to figure out how to get the alignment right... silly curved corners.... ooops. I probably have to start from scratch.

I am officially enrolled at a local rate for my Uni course in Oz... I begin in February, and I'll be done in November, so next year if you don't hear from me that's why. Oh wait, you never hear from me anyway! Some people think I'm moving to Oz. I'm not (though the Uni paperwork people may believe otherwise-thanks Aunty Helen!!!). I'm doing it over the internet from here (I can hear you all laughing at my miserable mistake. What am I thinking to rely on INTERNET!!!???) Anyway, if you have good education books or links, please send them!

Did I mention I bought a bike? I biked to work today. It takes 35 minutes and is quite bumpy. We went canoeing in Dragon boats last week too--very nice at sunset. What's a dragon boat? Basically a narrow wooden boat that on special occasions they attach a little wooden dragon to the front and back.

To date, I have sold 156 calendars of the Myanmar Calendar I produced for charity... anyone want to buy? $5 or 7000 Kyat. It's exciting to be almost sold out (well, I have passed extras on to others!)

Am starting to think about the summer. What should I do? Should I work? Where? Should I visit friends? Should I visit family? Hmm.... Don't think I'll be doing the dig again, though that was heaps of fun. Central America is calling me, but don't know if that's a good idea considering this degree I'm doing.

Okay, it is now 11.35 and I still have TWO exams to write, so I'd better get on. I've had lots of fun procrastinating today though!

2 comments:

Rama said...

hehe... I've managed to not make the friends links... :) I moved to livejournal about a year ago.

Rama said...

Bear's wedding is in August, just so you know...