How are they dominated?
- Almost all women wear makeup all the time, and thick mascara is the norm, even when doing things like diving.
- High heeled shoes, all the time, everywhere, as pointy and stilleto as you can possibly find
- Thongs... my ordinary knickers feel very wide...
- Most women, especially in the city, are a man's typical dream of sexy with long glossy hair, sexy bodies, etc
- Plastic surgery is the norm... women even get their bums enhanced.
- The Medellin art museum scattered throughout powerful photos of women abused
How are they liberated?
- At the coast, especially Cartagena, they let it ALL hang out. Flab rolls (and rolls) hanging out, giving a new definition to midriff
- Women wear the skankiest clothing everywhere, all the time. Anywhere else, they would be labelled as prostitutes
- Their mannerisms show just how much power and strength the women have. The voices you hear are not men, but women demanding equal rights
- The men are gentlemen, treated with respect. So many lovely men have been courteous and plesant. There are no leers, jeers, whistles or other noise
- The Salsa dancing is a sensual dance where the women can take charge just as much as the men
- The mood, the vibe, the appearance of equality.
Who knows which is more true... I really need to ask a Colombian woman what she thinks.