“There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson

Friday, July 28, 2006

Bratislava to Bangkok to Burma

Well, am only my last legs of this trip. I arrived in Bratislava tonight and fly to Bangkok on Sunday (hopefully not minus the $200 that Austrian Airlines wants to scam out of me for simply not using a portion of my ticket that I've already paid for). I miss London's brashness, the English language, the British people's loud public displays of thoughts, and the wonderful consumerism and advertising already. I had to pay 11 pounds excess baggage on Ryanair , but was expecting that (won't fly them again, they were awful, and not just because of the bags... the lines, the crowds, the poor management and harrassed people, the filthy lounges!).

Haven't seen much of Bratislava except the bus and the sweat pouring down into my eyes from lugging my enormous pile of luggage. Everyone I meet is most impressed that I walk everywhere with it. I think I will have big (and sore) shoulder muscles from my handcarry bag alone! Tomorrow I will whine and beg in Austrian Airlines ears for a while then go for a walk. I'm waiting for Bratislava to impress me and show me there's more than the only one day's visit's worth that everyone tells me there is.

No comments: