1. Downtown- Rue St. Catherine. All we did was walk up and down at 10pm at night. Rather boring way to see it really, but we were in a rush! We did drive past the notorious bar area on Crescent St, though and it was more happening!
2. Notre Dame Cathedral -- pouring down with rain, so really miserable. $5 entrance so didn't go in. Ironically, Mimi did!
3. Parking search for ages, then to the docks to climb clock tower at the docks--my legs ached for three days from the 197 steps. I need more exercise!
4. Bonsecours Market and Old Montreal downtown
5. Biodome--a very cool wire structure that's absolutely enormous (we didn't go in)
6. Lunch--shawarma, yum! Watching the soccer game, of course!! :) Can't even remember who was playing now!
7. Olympic park (again, we didn't go in)
8. Drive up Mont Royal for a lovely view and a meeting with a charming raccoon (I LOVE the animals here--raccoons, beavers, badgers and groundhogs--I know they're normal to everyone else, but even squirrels and chipmunks are exciting to me--all we have in NZ are birds!) On the other side there was a big modern (ghastly-looking) pompous church which Mimi insisted we visit.
And that's it. Oh, and a mall in the suburbs so Mimi could buy something for his sister. A bag-- and yes, I rolled my eyes and said that the bag could have been from anywhere, but he was happy.